This agreement was written in English (US). To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version controls. Please note that Section 16 contains certain changes to the general terms for users outside the United States.
Date of Last Revision: September 9, 2020
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (“Statement,” “Terms,” or “SRR”) derives from the S2S Principles, and is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with S2S, as well as S2S brands, products and services, which we call the S2S Services or Services. By using or accessing the S2S Services, you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 13 below. Additionally, you will find resources at the end of this document that help you understand how S2S works.
Because S2S provides a wide range of Services, we may ask you to review and accept supplemental terms that apply to your interaction with a specific app, product, or service. To the extent those supplemental terms conflict with this SRR, the supplemental terms associated with the app, product, or service govern with respect to your use of such app, product or service to the extent of the conflict.
Your privacy is very important to us. We designed our Data Policy to make important disclosures about how you can use S2S to share with others and how we collect and can use your content and information. We encourage you to read the Data Policy, and to use it to help you make informed decisions.
- Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on S2S, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with S2S (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you use an application, the application may ask for your permission to access your content and information as well as content and information that others have shared with you. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information. (To learn more about Platform, including how you can control what information other people may share with applications, read our Data Policy and Platform Page.)
- When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of S2S, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about S2S, but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep S2S safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep S2S safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on S2S.
- You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access S2S, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on S2S.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not use S2S to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of S2S, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other S2S functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
- Registration and Account Security
S2S users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on S2S, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use a S2S Page for such purposes.
- You will not use S2S if you are under 13.
- You will not use S2S if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
- Protecting Other People’s Rights
We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on S2S that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on S2S if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
- We provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights. To learn more, visit our How to Report Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else’s copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on S2S.
- You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent. S2S offers social reporting tools to enable users to provide feedback about tagging.
- Mobile and Other Devices
- We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply.
- In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on S2S within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
- You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on S2S.
If you make a payment on S2S, you agree to our Payments Terms unless it is stated that other terms apply.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Developers/Operators of Applications and Websites
If you are a developer or operator of a Platform application or website or if you use Social Plugins, you must comply with the S2S Platform Policy.
- About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by S2S
Our goal is to deliver advertising and other commercial or sponsored content that is valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
- You give us permission to use your name, profile picture, content, and information in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content (such as a brand you like) served or enhanced by us. This means, for example, that you permit a business or other entity to pay us to display your name and/or profile picture with your content or information, without any compensation to you. If you have selected a specific audience for your content or information, we will respect your choice when we use it.
- We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
- You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
If you use our self-service advertising creation interfaces for creation, submission and/or delivery of any advertising or other commercial or sponsored activity or content (collectively, the Self-Serve Ad Interfaces), you agree to our Self-Serve Ad Terms. In addition, your advertising or other commercial or sponsored activity or content placed on S2S or our publisher network will comply with our Advertising Policies.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Pages
If you create or administer a Page on S2S, or run a promotion or an offer from your Page, you agree to our Pages Terms.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Software
- If you download or use our software, such as a stand-alone software product, an app, or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the software.
- You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license, or we give you express written permission.
- Well notify you before we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services.
- If we make changes to policies, guidelines or other terms referenced in or incorporated by this Statement, we may provide notice on the Site Governance Page.
- Your continued use of the S2S Services, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of S2S to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but the following provisions will still apply: 2.2, 2.4, 3-5, 9.3, and 14-18.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or S2S exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina or a state court located in Mecklenburg County, and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. The laws of the State of North Carolina will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on S2S, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users’ actions on S2S and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on S2S. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on S2S. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of S2S.
- WE TRY TO KEEP S2S UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING S2S AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT S2S WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT S2S WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. S2S IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE 1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR S2S, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR S2S WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, S2S’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United States. We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with S2S outside the United States:
- You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
- If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on S2S (such as advertising or payments) or operate a Platform application or website. You will not use S2S if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from the United States.
- Certain specific terms that apply only for German users are available here.
- By “S2S” or S2S Services we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.S2S.com and any other S2S branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins such as the Like button, the Share button and other similar offerings; and (d) other media, brands, products, services, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed. S2S reserves the right to designate, in its sole discretion, that certain of our brands, products, or services are governed by separate terms and not this SRR.
- By “Platform” we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from S2S or provide data to us.
- By “information” we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with S2S.
- By “content” we mean anything you or other users post, provide or share using S2S Services.
- By “data” or “user data” or “user’s data” we mean any data, including a user’s content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from S2S or provide to S2S through Platform.
- By “post” we mean post on S2S or otherwise make available by using S2S.
- By “use” we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By “application” we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- By Trademarks we mean the list of trademarks provided here.
- If you are a resident of or have your principal place of business in the US or Canada, this Statement is an agreement between you and S2S, Inc. Otherwise, this Statement is an agreement between you and S2S Ireland Limited. References to us, we, and our mean either S2S, Inc. or S2S Ireland Limited, as appropriate.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding S2S, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing S2S.
We give you the power to share as part of our mission to make the world more open and connected. This policy describes what information we collect and how it is used and shared. You can find additional tools and information at Privacy Basics.
What kinds of information do we collect?
Depending on which Services you use, we collect different kinds of information from or about you.
Things you do and information you provide.
We collect the content and other information you provide when you use our Services, including when you sign up for an account, create or share, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide, such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. We also collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content you view or engage with or the frequency and duration of your activities.
Things others do and information they provide.
We also collect content and information that other people provide when they use our Services, including information about you, such as when they share a photo of you, send a message to you, or upload, sync or import your contact information.
Your networks and connections.
We collect information about the people and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them, such as the people you communicate with the most or the groups you like to share with. We also collect contact information you provide if you upload, sync or import this information (such as an address book) from a device.
Information about payments.
If you use our Services for purchases or financial transactions (like when you buy something on S2S, make a purchase in a game, or make a donation), we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes your payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, and other account and authentication information, as well as billing, shipping and contact details.
We collect information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access our Services, depending on the permissions youve granted. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent Services across your devices. Here are some examples of the device information we collect:
- Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
- Device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals.
- Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
Information from websites and apps that use our Services.
We collect information when you visit or use third-party websites and apps that use our Services (like when they offer our Like button or S2S Log In or use our measurement and advertising services). This includes information about the websites and apps you visit, your use of our Services on those websites and apps, as well as information the developer or publisher of the app or website provides to you or us.
Information from third-party partners.
We receive information about you and your activities on and off S2S from third-party partners, such as information from a partner when we jointly offer services or from an advertiser about your experiences or interactions with them.
We receive information about you from companies that are owned or operated by S2S, in accordance with their terms and policies. Learn more about these companies and their privacy policies.
How do we use this information?
We are passionate about creating engaging and customized experiences for people. We use all of the information we have to help us provide and support our Services. Heres how:
Provide, improve and develop Services.
We are able to deliver our Services, personalize content, and make suggestions for you by using this information to understand how you use and interact with our Services and the people or things youre connected to and interested in on and off our Services.
We also use information we have to provide shortcuts and suggestions to you. For example, we are able to suggest that your friend tag you in a picture by comparing your friend’s pictures to information we’ve put together from your profile pictures and the other photos in which you’ve been tagged. If this feature is enabled for you, you can control whether we suggest that another user tag you in a photo using the Timeline and Tagging settings.
When we have location information, we use it to tailor our Services for you and others, like helping you to check-in and find local events or offers in your area or tell your friends that you are nearby.
We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new products or features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
Communicate with you.
We use your information to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Services and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Show and measure ads and services.
We use the information we have to improve our advertising and measurement systems so we can show you relevant ads on and off our Services and measure the effectiveness and reach of ads and services. Learn more about advertising on our Services and how you can control how information about you is used to personalize the ads you see.
Promote safety and security.
We use the information we have to help verify accounts and activity, and to promote safety and security on and off of our Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies. We work hard to protect your account using teams of engineers, automated systems, and advanced technology such as encryption and machine learning. We also offer easy-to-use security tools that add an extra layer of security to your account. For more information about promoting safety on S2S, visit the S2S Security Help Center.
How is this information shared?
Sharing On Our Services
People use our Services to connect and share with others. We make this possible by sharing your information in the following ways:
People you share and communicate with.
When you share and communicate using our Services, you choose the audience who can see what you share. For example, when you post on S2S, you select the audience for the post, such as a customized group of individuals, all of your Friends, or members of a Group. Likewise, when you use Messenger, you also choose the people you send photos to or message.
Public information is any information you share with a public audience, as well as information in your Public Profile, or content you share on a S2S Page or another public forum. Public information is available to anyone on or off our Services and can be seen or accessed through online search engines, APIs, and offline media, such as on TV.
In some cases, people you share and communicate with may download or re-share this content with others on and off our Services. When you comment on another persons post or like their content on S2S, that person decides the audience who can see your comment or like. If their audience is public, your comment will also be public.
People that see content others share about you.
Other people may use our Services to share content about you with the audience they choose. For example, people may share a photo of you, mention or tag you at a location in a post, or share information about you that you shared with them. If you have concerns with someones post, social reporting is a way for people to quickly and easily ask for help from someone they trust. Learn More.
Apps, websites and third-party integrations on or using our Services.
When you use third-party apps, websites or other services that use, or are integrated with, our Services, they may receive information about what you post or share. For example, when you play a game with your S2S friends or use the S2S Comment or Share button on a website, the game developer or website may get information about your activities in the game or receive a comment or link that you share from their website on S2S. In addition, when you download or use such third-party services, they can access your Public Profile, which includes your username or user ID, your age range and country/language, your list of friends, as well as any information that you share with them. Information collected by these apps, websites or integrated services is subject to their own terms and policies.
Learn more about how you can control the information about you that you or others share with these apps and websites.
Sharing within S2S companies.
We share information we have about you within the family of companies that are part of S2S. Learn more about our companies.
If the ownership or control of all or part of our Services or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Sharing With Third-Party Partners and Customers
We work with third party companies who help us provide and improve our Services or who use advertising or related products, which makes it possible to operate our companies and provide free services to people around the world.
Here are the types of third parties we can share information with about you:
Advertising, Measurement and Analytics Services (Non-Personally Identifiable Information Only).
We want our advertising to be as relevant and interesting as the other information you find on our Services. With this in mind, we use all of the information we have about you to show you relevant ads. We do not share information that personally identifies you (personally identifiable information is information like name or email address that can by itself be used to contact you or identifies who you are) with advertising, measurement or analytics partners unless you give us permission. We may provide these partners with information about the reach and effectiveness of their advertising without providing information that personally identifies you, or if we have aggregated the information so that it does not personally identify you. For example, we may tell an advertiser how its ads performed, or how many people viewed their ads or installed an app after seeing an ad, or provide non-personally identifying demographic information (such as 25 year old female, in Madrid, who likes software engineering) to these partners to help them understand their audience or customers, but only after the advertiser has agreed to abide by our advertiser guidelines.
Please review your advertising preferences to understand why youre seeing a particular ad on S2S. You can adjust your ad preferences if you want to control and manage your ad experience on S2S.
Vendors, service providers and other partners.
We transfer information to vendors, service providers, and other partners who globally support our business, such as providing technical infrastructure services, analyzing how our Services are used, measuring the effectiveness of ads and services, providing customer service, facilitating payments, or conducting academic research and surveys. These partners must adhere to strict confidentiality obligations in a way that is consistent with this Data Policy and the agreements we enter into with them.
How can I manage or delete information about me?
You can manage the content and information you share when you use S2S through the Activity Log tool. You can also download information associated with your S2S account through our Download Your Information tool.
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, unless we no longer need the data to provide products and services.
You can delete your account any time. When you delete your account, we delete things you have posted, such as your photos and status updates. If you do not want to delete your account, but want to temporarily stop using S2S, you may deactivate your account instead. To learn more about deactivating or deleting your account, click here. Keep in mind that information that others have shared about you is not part of your account and will not be deleted when you delete your account.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, we may provide information to third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud and abuse on and off of our Services. Information we receive about you, including financial transaction data related to purchases made with S2S, may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also may retain information from accounts disabled for violations of our terms for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other violations of our terms.
How our global services operate
S2S, Inc. complies with the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor framework for the collection, use and retention of information from the European Union and Switzerland, as set out by the Department of Commerce. To view our certification, visit the Safe Harbor website.
As part of our participation in the Safe Harbor program, we will resolve disputes you have with us in connection with our policies and practices through TRUSTe. You can contact TRUSTe through their website.
S2S may share information internally within our family of companies or with third parties for purposes described in this policy. Information collected within the European Economic Area (EEA) may, for example, be transferred to countries outside of the EEA for the purposes as described in this policy.
How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
Well notify you before we make changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised policy before continuing to use our Services.
How to contact S2S with questions
To learn more about how privacy works on S2S, please check out Privacy Basics. If you have questions about this policy, heres how you can reach us:
If you live in the US or Canada
Please contact S2S, Inc. online or by mail at:
15720 Brixham Hill Avenue (Suite 300)
Charlotte, NC 28270
If you live anywhere else
S2S’s mission is to make the world more open and connected.
Learn about the work we do to connect you to the people and content you care most about.
How to Keep Your Account Secure
COOKIES & OTHER STORAGE TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. Other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, are used for similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all of these technologies as cookies.
Cookies help us provide, protect and improve the S2S Services, such as by personalizing content, tailoring and measuring ads, and providing a safer experience. While the cookies that we use may change from time to time as we improve and update the S2S Services, they generally fall into the below categories of use:
Security, site and product integrity
Advertising, insights and measurement
For example: Cookies allow us to help deliver ads to people who have previously visited a business website, purchased its products or used its apps. Cookies also allow us to limit the number of times that you see an ad so you dont see the same ad over and over again.
Cookies help us serve and measure ads across different browsers and devices used by the same person.
Cookies also allow us to provide insights about the people who use the S2S Services, as well as, the people who interact with the ads, websites, and apps of our advertisers and the businesses that use the S2S Services.
Site features and services
For example: Cookies help us store preferences, know when youve seen or interacted with S2S Services content, and provide you with customized content and experiences. For instance, cookies allow us to make suggestions to you and others, and to customize content on third-party sites that integrate our social plugins. If you are a page administrator, cookies allow you to switch between posting from your personal S2S account and the page.
For example: We store information in a cookie that is placed on your browser or device so you will see the site in your preferred language.
For example: Cookies help us route traffic between servers and understand how quickly S2S Services load for different people. Cookies also help us record the ratio and dimensions of your screen and windows and know whether youve enabled high contrast mode, so that we can render our sites and apps correctly.
Analytics and research
For example: Cookies can help us understand how people use the S2S Service, analyze which parts of the S2S Services people find most useful and engaging, and identify features that could be improved.
We may place cookies on your computer or device, and receive information stored in cookies, when you use or visit:
– The S2S Services;
– Services provided by other members of the S2S family of companies; and
– Services provided by other companies that use the S2S Services (such as companies that incorporate the Like button or S2Ss advertising services into their websites and apps).
We may also set and receive information stored in cookies from other domains used by the S2S family of companies, including the ITHPMR.com domain.
If you have a S2S Account:
– You can use your ad preferences to learn why youre seeing a particular ad and control how we use information we collect to show you ads.
– Some of the ads you see are based on your activity on websites and apps beyond the S2S family of companies. We call this online interest-based advertising. You can control whether you see online interest-based ads from S2S in your ad settings.
– The S2S Audience Network is a way for advertisers to show you ads in apps and websites beyond the S2S family of companies. One of the ways Audience Network shows relevant ads is by using your ad preferences to determine which ads you may be interested in seeing. You can control this in your ad settings.
You can opt out of seeing online interest-based ads from S2S and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the US, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada, or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe or through your mobile device settings.
More information about online advertising:
- Digital Advertising Alliance
- Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance
Browser cookie controls:
In addition, your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls, visit your browser or device’s help material. Certain parts of the S2S Services may not work properly if you have disabled browser cookie use.
Date of Last Revision: July 4, 2016